Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bonati Facts

"Great innovators and original thinkers and artists attract the wrath of mediocrities as lightning rods draw the flashes."
Theodor Reik

Dr. Alfred O. Bonati developed and perfected advanced endoscopic laser spine surgery more than 25 years ago. As a pioneer in the field of advanced endoscopic laser spine surgery, Dr. Bonati has experienced some misunderstanding and some resistance from the medical community and the insurance industry. The purpose of Bonati Facts is to educate the public as to the truth, and to put an end to some of the rumors that have circulated from time to time about Dr. Bonati, The Bonati Institute and The Bonati Procedure.

 The Bonati Institute® has operated continuously for over 20 years, and has never experienced a suspension or interruption of any of its licenses or accreditations.

 The Bonati Institute and Dr. Bonati have not, and have never been, restricted from performing surgery.

 The Bonati Institute and Dr. Bonati have never had a legal judgment entered against them.

 Dr. Bonati holds six U.S. Patents on The Bonati Procedures, which include instrumentation and methods for advanced endoscopic laser spine surgery.

 The Bonati Institute and Dr. Bonati were instrumental in gaining FDA approval of the Holmium YAG Laser for spine surgery.

 The Bonati Procedures are performed only at The Bonati Institute in Hudson, Florida and only by surgeons authorized by Dr. Bonati.

 Over these past 25 years Dr. Bonati and the surgeons of The Bonati Institute have performed more than 35,000 successful procedures without causing a fatality, disability or major infection.

7 comments:

Milo5895 said...

I have had what many doctors are calling a neuropathy or radiculopathy in my left leg for 5 years now. My left calf muscle is atrophied and my left foot is numb. I have sciatic pain in my left buttock and posterior left leg all the time. My left buttock is always numb and I have lumbar back pain. I have had as many as 20 MRI's over the past five years and have seen countless doctors with still no answers. I am 41 years old and can no longer do the things that I enjoy. It affects my ADL's and is starting to affect my well being in general. I have lost hope and no longer know where to turn. Is there a direction that you might point me in for one last try at solving this 5 year mystery before I loose total function of my leg?

Anonymous said...

I have RA, Spinal Stenosis and Ankylosing Spondylitis. On Jul 1, 2008, I had a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted. Six weeks after, on August 21, 2008, I had to have it removed because of a Staph infection. It took about 75% of my pain away. Now I am facing spinal fusions in the beginning of the year.

My question to you is....do most Neurosurgeons know about your procedures or is this something I would need to come to you for and would my insurance (Kaiser) cover it.

Also, I have a mission to encourage and inspire everyone with infirmities, so I started my own blog. www.ConfessionsofanRAMom.com, and would love to put a link to your site on it. Would you please take a look at my blog and letme know what you think and if it would be o.k. to put you as a link on it.

Thanks,
RAMom

FeelingAlone2009 said...

i've been diagnosed with cervical stenosis, cervical myelopathy and OPLL. Is there a treatment other than surgery for me? If not, do you think laser spinal surgery will help me?

Rajnish Rajpal said...

I am 35 years of age and a history of back pain almost once every year for last 10 years. No accidents.Physiotherapy normally relieved me of pain in 4-5 sittings. My recent MRI shows "Broad based posterior and paracentral disc bulges and fissuring of the posterior annulus and posterocentral and paracentral sub ligamentous disc protrusion with subtle propropensity to the left at l3/l4 level indenting the thecal sac and bilateral descending l4 nerves". Same is the case for l4/l5 and a similar diagnosis for l5/s1. Would anyone have an idea as to what it means. My doctor has suggested surgery as the only option. I do have back pain but only so much that it reminds me of its presence and I am sure, like all other times,4-5 sittings of physiotherapy would remove the pain. Is doctor right in prescribing a surgery?

Unknown said...

Stem cell therapy has huge potential and should be considered as a healing treatment for injuries or organ damage. In addition, systemic stem cell therapy shows promise in treating neurological conditions. Providing nutritional support for the body's own stem cells is always a good option, which can be supplemented by using targeted injections of harvested stem cells. These injections are especially useful when nutritional support does not create enough healing effect or the injured area, such as ligaments in a horse's lower leg, has poor circulation.
Stem Cell Therapy Clinics

Carol williams said...

Nice to know about the Bonati institute. Feel happy about the services you provide. Will help a lot of people who suffer from various disorders.
herniated disc treatment

Atlanta Plastic Surgeons said...

Good to hear about the laser spine surgeries.There has not been too much research on the spine as the problem is not too common...but now with more and more patients falling into the scope I guess there is research and some future to it.This is a very informative and lovely update.
Plastic Surgeons Atlanta